Authentic Indian Cooking and Dining Experience with a Local in Chennai
Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu is one of the biggest cultural, economic and educational centres in South India. It also has a vast number of tourists visiting every year to experience the rich culture and diverse neighbourhoods. This diversity can be experienced in many ways while in Chennai.
Here is a chance to enjoy the rustic flavours of Punjab (the quintessential Chicken Tikka Masala or Tandoori Paneer) while in Chennai. Home chef Shani invites you to her home in Anna Nagar, Chennai for an authentic Punjabi home-dining experience along with an interactive cooking experience. Make the most of this rare opportunity to know more about the Punjabi cuisine while being in a completely different state.
This entire experience will last for about 2-4 hours.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- 4-course lunch/dinner
- Cooking demonstration
- Non-alcoholic beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your host Shani at her beautiful home in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Get to know Shani and her family over a refreshing and cooling glass of Buttermilk. After a brief conversation she will lead you to the kitchen where you will get the chance to prepare a typical Punjabi gravy dish of Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and fry some Bhature (flatbread),under her careful guidance. She will also guide you on all the different types of pulses and spices that she uses in her regular cooking.
The cooking class will be followed by a scrumptious meal. The meal may include Dal Makhani (A rich Punjabi dal made with black lentils, red kidney beans, cream and butter), Kadai Paneer (A mouth-watering combination of tomato, Indian cottage cheese, cream and capsicum, cooked in a base of ghee and spices), Chole (Chickpeas cooked in gravy best enjoyed with Bhature). The Non-vegetarian dishes may include Punjabi Chicken and Murgh Kebab (Chicken Patties made using Bengal gram and aromatic spices). End the fantastic meal on a sweet note with Kheer (Rice pudding) or Halwa (traditional Indian dessert made using different flours, lentils and nuts). Let us know incase you have any special dietary requirements or would like to include different dishes in the experience.
Please note: This is not a professional cooking class. This is an unique opportunity to interact with a local and learn some tips and tricks of Indian cooking and enjoy a lovely home-cooked meal over great conversions.
Departure Point :Meet at the host's home in Anna Nagar, Chennai. The exact address along with Google maps link will be shared upon confirmation.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.