Balcones Del Calafate - 4x4 Excursion
Off-road excursion in 4x4 vehicles, with which you can access the highest points of the city, and thus get incredible panoramic views of El Calafate and Lake Argentino.
Two daily departures: 10:00 am with lunch or 02:30 pm with snack
Half Day Excursion.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch or Snack (according to the chosen option)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
The excursion begins with the pick up at the hotels and continues with the vehicle to the Huyliche Hill, going up 35 kilometres on the hill line behind the village. From there, the 4WD will take you up to 900 meters towards a millenary geography and the best corners of Huylliche Hill. From there, you will arrive to a spectacular viewpoint, where you’ll see El Calafate city and the main body of the Argentinean Lake, surrounded by the mystical Patagonian steppe.
You can find a great amount of fossils and if it is a clear day, you can observe the Fit Roy Mount; in addition you can see Andean condors very close to you.
The perspective from there is unforgettable and you will see the Andes range, the entrance of the north branch of the Argentinean lake, discovering a glacier landscape.
The 4WD continues up to 1060 meters, where is the labyrinth of Cretaceous rocks with small fossils embedded in its walls.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Then we go to our refuge located in a strategic place sheltered from the wind, a typical mountain refuge where we offer a snack or lunch (depending to the choisen option).
You will arrive at El Calafate city after three hours of a great geological and adventure experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour Schedule: From 10:00 am to 01:30 pm with Lunch or From 02:30 to 05:30 pm with Snack (The duration and the schedule of the excursion are approximate and may change depending on the season of the year).Remember to detail in your reservation the name of the Hotel where you will stay in El Calafate for the pick up on the day of the excursion.The exact pick up time from your hotel will be confirmed the day before the excursion, leaving a message for you at your hotel or we will contact you through the contact number that you have provided if you did.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.