Costa Rica Cooking Class "Cook Like a Local"
There is something special about having an authentic experience while traveling abroad. Cultures identify themselves through their cuisine and Costa Ricans are no different -- and it's not just "rice and beans..." We invite you to have a delightful, local-style meal and enjoy what will probably be your most-memorable meal in Costa Rica! You'll have the opportunity to learn how to mix our favorite Costa Rican cocktail the "Kiss of the Cacique" and then prepare a full traditional Costa Rican casado meal, complete with "pollo sudado," "picadillo," handmade tortillas and much more!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cooking class
What's excluded :
- We'll pick you up from your hotel and drive about 5 minutes to an exclusive, hidden out place next to the enchanting El Salto waterfall near downtown La Fortuna. Upon arrival to your Costa Rica Cooking Class, you'll learn about the garden and farm where the fresh cooking ingredients come from. You'll get an understanding of what it takes to get the food from the farm to the table! To get started, you'll try your hand and mixing up a delicious homemade tropical Costa Rican cocktail or jungle juice! You will then get ready to learn how to cook up some Tico-style "picadillos," tortillas and "guisados" for a delicious sit-down meal and plenty of captivating conversation!
After dinner, relax with a cup of coffee, share some recipes and head back to your hotel to dream about the scrumptious food you'll hopefully recreate back home!
Departure Point :1: La Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
2: Hunters & Gatherers Costa Rica, 702, Alajuela Province, San Carlos La Fortuna Alajuela CR 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your La Fortuna hotel or you can meet at our office in downtown La Fortuna, 100 meters West of the Central Park on the west side of the Church. The Coking Class takes place at our exclusive riverside location at Hunters and Gatherers.Returns to original departure point at approximately 8pm
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know if you have any allergies or food restrictions. We have options for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, etc,
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.