Fez Old City Private Tour & Lunch with Local Family
Come visit the Ancient Medina of Fez, an experience you can't miss on your trip to Morocco - explore the old walled city's beautiful architecture and historical sites, and have a unique lunch experience sharing a meal with a Moroccan family in their home!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel/accommodation
- Professional English- and French-speaking driver
- Professional guide
- Lunch or dinner with local family
- Mineral water
What's excluded :
- When visiting Morocco, don't miss this guided tour of the Medina of Fez (the old walled part of the city), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Start your day in the morning with free pick-up in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle, which will take you within the walls of the Medina. This area of the city contains a shopping center, ancient artisanal centers, and many buildings dating back to the 13th and 14th centuries. First you'll see the Bab Boujloud Gate with its green and blue faiences, and then cross the narrow streets of the city to discover the Moulay Idriss Mausoleum. The last stop before lunch will be the University Al-Qarawiyyin, the oldest continually operating university in the world.
Lunchtime on this tour will be a special experience you won't get with any other tour - share a meal with a Moroccan family in a traditional Moroccan house, a unique opportunity to delve into the country's customs and culture. It's a perfect occasion to learn about Moroccan eating habits like washing your hands with a kettle of water and soap, sitting around a low table in the salon, eating after the family says "bismallah", and eating with your hands (with the proper hand!). Your lunch will be a delicious traditional Moroccan meal, consisting of a selection of tomato and cucumber salads, taktouka dip, tagine with meat and vegetables, couscous, chicken with green olives, and a fruit plate of course! After lunch, you'll enjoy together a cup of famous Moroccan mint tea.
After lunch, you'll continue to visit the most important sights and monuments of the ancient Medina of Fez. You'll explore the narrow streets and see notable madrasas, works of art and stunning architecture. You'll also see the Mellah (the Jewish quarter of the city), the Arms Museum, Janan Sabil Garden, a ceramics school, and much more!
Departure Point :Hotel
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.