Giethoorn and windmills of Zaanse schans daytrip from Amsterdam
This tour is a must for anyone who wants to visit the two of the most popular places in Holland! Board an air-conditioned mini bus. In 20 minutes you will arrive at the Zaanse Schans, an open air museum absolutely worthwhile your visit. See a typical Dutch clog shop and visit a cheese factory. See the various original still working windmills and the Dutch artisans. You can glance over their shoulders while they are performing their crafts. Learn about the impressive windmill history that set off the Golden Age in the Netherlands. Next enjoy the ride through the Dutch polders, reclaimed land, to the fairytale like village of Giethoorn, also known as “the Venice of the North. Next up, a one hour guided boat tour. You will be in awe of the sights of the surroundings, ducking under picturesque bridges the captain will tell you the impressive history of the Giethoorn. You will have time explore the village on your own, on foot or by bike, if you fancy. You can also enjoy a delicious meal!
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- boatcruise Giethoorn
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
See a typical Dutch clog shop and learn how and why these wooden shoes were made. Visit the cheese factory.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Giethoorn, Giethoorn, Overijssel Province
Next stop is Giethoorn, typically referred to as ‘Venice of the North’. As cars aren’t allowed, transportation is traditionally on foot, by bike, or by boat. You can experience how the Dutch live with and on the water. Learn about the outstanding water-management techniques of the Dutch and you can see the beautiful farmhouses and the many picturesque bridges of this idyllic village with merely 2500 inhabitants.
Departure Point :Prins Hendrikkade 75, 1012 AE Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.