Hamaroyskaftet, Guided Climb in Northern Norway
Hamarøyskaftet is one of the most characteristic mountains in Northern Norway. It’s less well known than Stetind and the summit is just 613 metres above sea level. Some alpine climbing is needed to reach the summit. Join us on a guided climb, and be surprised by how much fun this trip is!
Hamarøyskaftet is not a very difficult climb, but you will still need ropes and guiding to reach the top. You must be comfortable with some airy climbing. Between the alpine sections, you will find large ledges to rest on while you enjoy the amazing views. When you reach the summit, you will be rewarded with views of the Vestfjord and Lofotveggen (The Lofoten Wall) – the line of mountains on the nearby Lofoten Islands.
No rush. We allow plenty of time on this excursion, so we don’t have to rush.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All activities
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Do I need any outdoor experience?
• Is this trip for me? No previous climbing experience is required. You are unlikely to experience problems climbing Hamarøyskaftet if you are in good physical condition and have previous hiking experience. If you’re scared of heights, you should think twice or ask us.
• Grading: this trip is graded as Moderate - Hard.
Season & Availability
May - October.
Terrain, distance and elevation
• The walk to the foot of the mountain is rather easy: a good path, which takes less than an hour.
• The climb to the summit involves several short, airy sections, but does not involve any very difficult climbing. Between the alpine sections, you will find large ledges where you can rest, eat lunch and enjoy the view. We allow plenty of time on this excursion so there is no need to rush.
• Total length of this trip is 3 km (both walking and climbing included).
• Elevation: Starting point is 200 metres above sea level. Top of Hamarøyskaftet is 613 m a.s.
You should bring
• Wind- and waterproof outer clothing and (if it’s cold) a sweater or fleece jacket, woollen underwear, hat and gloves.
• Hiking boots or approach shoes are fine. Preferably not ordinary training shoes because the soft sole is unsuitable for climbing.
• Backpack (30 – 40 litres) with some spare space for some of our climbing equipment.
• Food and drink. There is one place to fill your water bottle during the climb.
• If you have long hair, please bring a hair tie so your hair does not get caught in the abseil device during the abseiling. Please remember to cut long fingernails.
• Bring NOK 20 for the toll. The final part of the road is on private land.
We will provide
• We have all necessary equipment: ropes, carabiners, climbing harnesses and helmets.
• A knowledgeable, english speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
Departure Point :Halsenveien, 8290 Skutvik, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all participants.
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.