Kibera slum tour
On the outskirts of Nairobi, Kibera is at once part of one of Africa’s most developed cities and at the same times stands apart from it. Yes, there is a lot of poverty here, but there’s also a sense of freedom.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- pick up and drop off from hotel
- tour fees
- Entry/Admission - Kibera
What's excluded :
- tips and gratitudes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kibera, Nairobi Kenya
You can do the tour in the morning or afternoon. You will be able to visit different places including an orphanage/school built by ‘mama Tunza’. Meet this impressive woman and look at her work in the childrens home. A bead factory: in Kibera everything is being reused and so are also the bones from the butcher. See how these bones turn into beads. You will also have a chance to visit a typical Kibera-house. Feel welcome in one of the houses in Kibera and ask your questions about the day-to-day live in Kibera. You will also visit the biogas center: a fantastic view over Kibera and picture-point. You can see that also human waste is not wasted here.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
hotel or residence in Nairobi at 8 AMApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within NairobiNote: airport transfer to your hotel will be charged USD 20 (paid upon arrival
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.