Local Hiking Near The Kathmandu( Chisapani Nagarkot )
Chisapani Nagarkot Hike combines the best of nature with some typical local life. It also includes gorgeous Himalayan views, captivating sunset and ethereal sunrise from Chisapani and Nagarkot. This hike makes for an ideal vacation in a matter of three days. The trip starts with a short drive to Sundarijal. Sundarijal is a popular hangout and busy picnic spot in the north of Kathmandu. Falling inside the boundaries of Shivapuri National Park, this is a place of cool shades, tall trees, beautiful streams and serene atmosphere — all in striking contrast to the noise and crowd of the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Entry/Admission - Sundarijal Water Falls
- Entry/Admission - Nagarkot Nature Trail
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan Temple
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold and hot drinks, Tips for the Staff.
Day 1: Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani.
Stop At: Sundarijal Water Falls, Kathmandu Nepal
After having breakfast a bit early in the morning, we drive to Sundarijal. It is a busy picnic spot of the valley-dwellers on public holidays. Lush greenery, sources of water and serene environment greet us as soon as we reach there. From here, our hike to Chisapani starts. Walking through a few settlements and a lot of forest with the variety of birds and chances of sighting animals, we arrive at Chisapani. There is an added fun of having packed lunch on the way. The total duration of the hike is nearly five hours. Chisapani is a Sherpa village, offering grand views of the mountains. Relieve yourself in the evening by watching a picturesque sunset from the village, and retire to a tea-house to spend the night.
Duration: 5 hours
• Lunch: Your meals Lunch and Dinner is Included.
Accommodation included: Guest Houses Accommodation is Included.
Day 2: Trek to Nagarkot from Chisapani
Stop At: Nagarkot Nature Trail, Nagarkot Nepal
We get up in the morning, have our breakfast and head towards Nagarkot from Chisapani. This is a relatively demanding day that requires you to walk for about 6 hours. But the trail passes mostly through the dense forest of the national park, making you forget the tiredness. We pause our hike for a while in Chauki Bhanjyang or Jhule to have lunch and take a short rest. Then we continue along the idyllic countryside to Nagarkot, a hilltop to the east of Kathmandu offers unmatched scenery of innumerable peaks along a large section of the Himalayas. Surely the setting sun fires your spirit and inspires your imagination with the shades of color it leaves on the Himalayas. In the evening, stay in a good hotel in the area.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Guest Houses Accommodation.
Day 3: Trek to Chagunarayan and Drive Back to Kathmandu. 7 Hours
Stop At: Changu Narayan Temple, Changunarayan 44600, Nepal
Wake up early in the morning today to welcome once-in-a-lifetime sunrise view. Before the fresh morning rays reach your eye, they hit the tip of the peaks and majestically descend downwards. The shine of rays and the glimmer of snow-clad tops and slopes of mountains completely mesmerize your senses. After having breakfast, you can choose to hike to Changunarayan, a UNESCO world heritage site. En route lie pleasant views of farm terraces and of Kathmandu valley. Or you can drive straight to Kathmandu from Nagarkot, and have your lunch in a fine restaurant in Kathmandu and explore the city during the rest of the day.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.