Mombasa Full Day City Tour, Fort Jesus and Haller Park
Explore Mombasa’s old town and nature on a full-day, guided tour that includes all activities, and round-trip hotel transport. Get the perfect introduction to the city by visiting with a local guide, who will share stories about Mombasa culture and heritage, and introduce you to local cuisine in the old town market.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- pick up and drop off from hotel
- Our assistance at any point
What's excluded :
- lunch at local swahili dishes
- tips and gratitudes(optional)
- Entrance Fee In Fort Jesus (10 USD Per Person)
- Entrance Fee In Haller Park (10 USD Per Person)
- German or Spanish Guide(20 USD) upon request
- Entry/Admission - Fort Jesus Museum
- Entry/Admission - Haller Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Jesus Museum, Ndia Kuu, Mombasa 00200 Kenya
Pick up from your hotel and proceed to Fort Jesus built by the Portuguese in the 16th Century. The site chosen was a coral ridge at the entrance to the harbour and was built to secure the safety of Portuguese living on the East Coast of Africa. It has had a long history of hostilities of the interested parties that used to live in Mombasa. Omani Arabs attacked the Fort from 1696 to 1698. Between 1837 and 1895, the Fort was used as barracks for the soldiers. When the British protectorate was proclaimed on the 1st of July 1895, the Fort was converted into a prison. The Fort is now an important historical landmark in the East African region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mombasa Tusks, Moi avenue, Mombasa 80100 Kenya
our day takes you down an intriguing maze of cobbled narrow streets, ancient mosques and picturesque residential houses evoke the islands medieval past, overhanging balconies and through mysterious doorways to bustling markets filled with exotic spice, fruit and colourful fabrics. Then drive through the Elephant Tusks on Moi Avenue and call in at the Akamba woodcarvers, where you can see the carvers at work and a great opportunity to purchase some of the wonderful crafts and other souvenirs of your stay in Africa.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Haller Park, North Coast of Mombasa along the Mombasa Malindi Road, Mombasa 80100 Kenya
In the afternoon, visit Dr. Rene Haller's Nature Park (Haller Park), former quarries now reforested and home to many animals. Currently, Haller Park plays host to a variety of wildlife including hippos, giraffes, buffalos, and antelopes, crocodiles as well as smaller mammals and birds. The Park consists of a Game Sanctuary, Reptile Park, a small demonstration Fish Farm area, Palm Garden, Crocodile Pens and a Giraffe viewing platform, offering a variety of attractions at the various points to educate and entertain the over 160,000 visitors who visit the park every year.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
hotel or residence in mombasa at 8 AMApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within Mombasa Note: airport transfer to your hotel will be charged USD 20 (paid upon arrivalPorts
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.