Private Full-Day Tour of Tbilisi and Mtskheta
Discover UNESCO World Heritage treasures in Georgia on this private full-day Tbilisi and Mtskheta tour from Tbilisi . Your guide or driver guide will meet you at your Tbilisi accommodations in late morning and start the drive uphill and visit Jvari Monastery dating back to 6th century.and next drive down to explore the Cathedral of Svetitskhoveli. Svetitskhoveli dates back to 11th century and there are numerous legends associated with the construction of the Cathedral. After the excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, continue to Samtavro Monastery. Next have some free time to explore local souvenir market . After a traditional lunch in a local restaurant, head onward to Tbilisi and take in important landmarks such as the Metekhi Plateau and 4th-century Narikala Fortress. Stroll through Legtakhevi and the bath-house district, and soak up the atmosphere in bustling Meidan Square.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional Driver/guide or driver with guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Traditional Lunch
- The guide or driver guide will pick you up from your centrally located accommodation in Tbilisi and start driving to Mtskheta, the ancient capital of Georgia. You’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites located in this small town. First stop is Jvari Monastery dating back to 6th century AD. Standing on the top of the hill, it overlooks the town of Mtskheta and the confluence of two rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari. After visiting the monastery drive down and reach Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, which is one of the most sacred places in whole Georgia, and is said to have Christ’s robe preserved in it. Take a lunch break in one of the local restaurants with tasty Georgian dishes like Khinkali and Khachapuri and then take a nice walk in the town. Visit local wine shop where you can buy some Georgian Wines. Leave Mtskheta and drive back to Tbilisi to visit main attractions of the city. First stop is Metekhi plateau & church 13th c which presents one of the most important architectural monuments of old Tbilisi. Take a ride to Narikala Fortress 4th c by aerial cable car – one of the best places to enjoy panoramic views of the city. Explore the ruins of the fortress and then stroll down to Sulfur Bathhouse district, to Legtakhevi area and then Meidan square & Shardeni street neighborhood. Here you can find numerous souvenir shops, art galleries and cafes. Take a walk in the old town and shop for some souvenirs and after drive back to your place of stay in Tbilisi. The tour ends with a drop off at your hotel in Tbilisi.
Departure Point :Your accommodations in Tbilisi
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult .
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.