Private Half-Day Saqqara Pyramids and Memphis Tour from Cairo
View the pyramids and sites of early ancient Egypt on this enthralling half-day private tour from Cairo. With an expert guide, travel in an air-conditioned vehicle to Saqqara to see the magnificent Step Pyramid of Zoser, the world’s oldest stone pyramid. Continue to the site of Memphis, the ancient capital of Lower Egypt, to view what remains of this once colossal city. Admire its relics in the open-air museum, including a giant, fallen statue of Ramses II. These lesser known, but fascinating sites attract fewer tourists, making them wonderful to explore.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Saqqara and Memphis
- Entry/Admission - Saqqara (Sakkara) Pyramids
- Entry/Admission - Temple de Ptah - Memphis
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saqqara (Sakkara) Pyramids, Al Giza Desert, Saqqara 12919 Egypt
Located approximately 30 km south of modern-day Cairo, Saqqara is a vast, ancient burial ground in Egypt with the world's oldest standing step pyramid. It's the first stop on our private day tour from Cairo, and certainly is an impressive way to start the day. Designed by Imhotep for King Djoser (c.2667-2648 BC), the Step Pyramid is the oldest complete stone-hewn building complex known in history, and is surrounded by other small pyramids dating back to the 5th and 6th Dynasties.
Although Saqqara was eclipsed as the burial ground of royalty by Giza and the Valley of the Kings in Thebes (near Luxor), it remained an important complex for burials and cult ceremonies for more than 3,000 years.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple de Ptah - Memphis, طريق الجيزة - الأقصر، ميت رهينة،, Al Badrashin, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Next up, we're off to Memphis, which functioned as the ancient capital of Lower Egypt and of the Old Kingdom of Egypt from its foundation until around 2200 BC. The modern towns of Dahshur and Saqqara lie within the administrative borders of historical Memphis. Wander around, explore, and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of some really, really old cities. Careful not to stand in place for too long - you might mummify!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St، Dokki, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Maximum group size is 12
- Please dress modestly, yet considering the heat. Shoulders and knees should be covered, and light fabrics like cotton are advisable.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- During Ramadan, the koshary restaurant may not be open. In that case, the koshary dish will be replaced by falafel sandwiches.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.