Private Solidarity tour - End of Communism
During the tour you will spend a day exploring Gdansk's shipyard area and most impressive museum about communism in Poland - Solidarity Center Museum. With this skip-the-line ticket you'll avoid the long lines and hassle of purchasing tickets onsite, which gives you more time to sightsee. he private guide will tell you the most important history of PRL period and help you to understand it’s consequences for Poland and East Europe. As it is a private trip, it will be adapted to the interests of the your group.
- Learn history of the Solidarity and communism in Poland on a private guided walking tour
- Visit the Sala BHP where the “Gdańsk Agreement” of 31 August 1980 was signed
- Walk through Gdansk Shipyard area and see the most important monuments connected with Solidarity Movement
- Enjoy pick up from your hotel in Gdansk Old Town
- Take advantage of skip the line tickets to European Solidarity Centre
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Private Solidarity Tour led by licensed guide
- PRL traditional shot of Polish vodka
- Visit at Sala BHP and Shipyard
- Pick up from the hotels located in Gdansk Old Town
- The true history and facts about PRL times in Gdansk
- Skip-the-line tickets to the European Solidarity Centre (only in 4-hours option)
- Entry/Admission - Gdansk Shipyard
- Entry/Admission - Europejskie Centrum SolidarnoSci
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup from hotels located outside of Gdansk Old Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Three Crosses Monument, Plac Solidarnosci, Gdansk 80-001 Poland
In Gdansk Shipyard – once was working a few thousand workers. Their determination has led to the collapse of totalitarian systems in Europe. How turbulent and dramatic was the history of modern Europe after 1945 you will find out during the walking tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gdansk Shipyard, ul. Walowa 27a, Gdansk 80-858 Poland
We will walk around the shipyard and you will see what is currently happening in the shipyard if is still working or not. You will see where the shipyard workers ate in the past and you will get a sht of Polish vodka.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sala BHP, ul. Doki 1, Gdansk 80-863 Poland
See popular monument of shipyard workers. Walk through the historic gate with 20 postulates of workers and continue to Shipyard Museum when was signed the agreement with the comunists.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Europejskie Centrum SolidarnoSci, Pl. Solidarnosci 1, Gdansk 80-863 Poland
Opt to extended option and spend additional 2-hours in the European Solidarity Centre one of the newest, interactive and most interesting museum in Gdansk. Your guide will help you to understand the exhibition and the historical context of the incident that took place in the Gdansk shipyard.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plac SOLIDARNOŚCI, Plac Solidarności, 80-863 Gdańsk, Poland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.