Private Tour: Siena and San Gimignano Day Trip from Rome
Venture north from Rome to Tuscany on a privately guided day trip, and spend the day in San Gimignano and Siena. As your driver chauffeurs you around the cities, learn about medieval Tuscany and see UNESCO-listed attractions, fine architecture and much more. Check out stunners like the Gothic cathedral of Siena Duomo, and hear about the horse race of Il Palio on an amble around Piazza del Campo. Later, visit San Gimignano where medieval towers and the artisan craft stores of Via San Giovanni await.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Private vehicle for the day
- Flexible itinerary
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Walking tour guide inside the sites
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: DriverinRome Transportation & Tours, Via Pian del Marmo 21, 00166 Rome Italy
Venture north from Rome to Tuscany on a privately guided day trip, and spend the day in San Gimignano and Siena. As your driver chauffeurs you around the cities, learn about medieval Tuscany and see UNESCO-listed attractions, fine architecture and much more.
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
Our first stop this morning will be Siena, without doubt, one of Italy's most enchanting towns. Its medieval centre is full of majestic Gothic buildings such as Palazzo Pubblico in Piazza del Campo, Siena's main square. Twice a year the Sienese celebrate their rich medieval heritage with a horse race called the Palio, which attracts visitors and spectators from around the world.
Spend a few hours exploring the town and perhaps the Duomo. The cathedral's green, pink and white marble exterior is surpassed only by the exquisite black and white marble geometric patterns and the inlaid marble mosaic floor found inside. This was the first European city to ban traffic from its main square in 1966. Sit down and, while sipping a cup of coffee, enjoy the stunning view.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano 1300, Via la Costarella n. 3, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
You will then proceed to San Gimignano, Italy s Medieval Manhattan or the city of the belle torri (beautiful towers) rising imperiously above the vineyards of its own wine-growing area. Built as status symbols and defensive outposts, the towers played a significant role in the internecine feuds that eventually led to the town's downfall. Prior to its eventual decline into a sleepy backwater, the town prospered through its position along the main pilgrim route from Northern Europe to Rome. Today it is better known for its tourism, wine production and rich artwork. Piazza del Duomo is a good starting point from which to explore the historical buildings of the town. The Collegiate church, situated at the town's heart, is most famous for its frescoes of outstanding beauty, the greater part of which dating from the 14th century
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your central located hotel in Rome .Please provide us with the address when securing the booking.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Order of stops may vary.
- Your driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in place to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle.Drivers cannot elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- This is a private service no one will join your party.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.