Westerplatte Private Tour with Car or Cruise Transport
Take a tour of the Polish port city of Gdansk, and learn about its history through decades. Westerplatte is it this place where Second WWII has begun. But first of all it is a place of memory about the real heroes who fought to the last drop of blood.
• Explore Westerplatte the most important monument in Pomerania
• Get to know the turbulent and fascinating past of Gdansk, and its long struggle for freedom and justice
• Enjoy private transport or take a 90-minute long cruise two-ways over the Motława River
• Spend a wonderful day with family / friends
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Westerplatte Tour led by licensed guide
- All fees and insurance
- The true history and facts about beginning of WWII
- Pick up from the hotels located in Gdansk and Sopot (only option with car transport)
- As it is a private trip, it will be adapted to the interests of your group
- Car or ship transport
- Entry/Admission - Westerplatte
- Entry/Admission - Motlawa River Embankment (Dlugie Pobrzeze)
What's excluded :
- Food & Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Westerplatte, Gdansk Poland
The excellent historic site where World War II broke out on September 1, 1939 includes a small museum and a towering monument to the Polish defenders.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Motlawa River Embankment (Dlugie Pobrzeze), Dlugie Pobrzeze, Gdansk Poland
Walking by this river is breathtaking. The walk by the river is spectacular by day but at night takes on an even better atmosphere. Clean, pretty and romantic area.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: Motlawa Channel Fortifications, Motlawa Channel, Gdansk Poland
Gdansk has well preserved system of fortifications that surround the historical centre of the city from the southern and eastern side. They are perfectly shaped, the molds are filled with water.
Stop At: Golden Gate (Zlota Brama), ul. Targ Weglowy 27, Gdansk 80-836 Poland
Beautiful Gate that heralds your entrance or exit to Dluga. It houses a photograph of the day it was destroyed. Walk through it and enjoy the view
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Gdansk Poland
One of the most beautiful old towns in Poland. It's very adorable and has lively and unique atmosphere. People just love to spend time there.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Green Gate (Brama Zielona), ul. Dluga, Gdansk Poland
Very impressive entrance/exit to Dluga and always has street musicians making use of the acoustics. Looks fantastic!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Crane (Zuraw), Ul. Szeroka 67/68 At Maritime Museum, Gdansk 80-835 Poland
The Crane is an iconic site in Gdansk and one that you will see in most of the images online. The old crane used for loading and unloading ships with man power in hamster wheels is certainly something to check out to believe when in the city!
Pass By: North Harbor Lighthouse, ul. Przemyslowa 6a, Gdansk 80-542 Poland
At the end in Nowy Port is nice lighthouse, here in direction to Westerplatte from lighthouse's window were fired first shots of World War II
Departure Point :Długi Targ 24, 80-828 Gdańsk, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
In option with transport by the car the pick up is possible from your hotel in Gdansk or Sopot. Please provide the adress during the reservation.
Departure Time :9:35 AM
Return Detail :Westerplatte, 80-001 Gdańsk, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- 1. Masks are required, please bring your own 2. To reduce crowds, the number of visitors is limited
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.