Wonders of Chernihiv (Private Tour)
Take a one-day private trip to learn the secrets, legends and glorious history of the city, which is more than 1,300 years old!
Chernihiv is called the “city of legends”, because it still keeps the spirit of Kievan Rus and the ancient Chernihiv Principality.
Chernihiv is a small and cozy city where history coexists with modernity. Here are some reasons to visit it:
• Chernihiv is located not far from Kyiv. It takes just two hours to get there. If you wish, you can make a stop in Kozelets to look at the unique iconostasis, miraculously preserved in the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
• Chernihiv is one of the most ancient Ukrainian cities, where many unique religious buildings of the 10th-13th centuries are preserved.
• Chernihiv is a green city with many parks where you can walk, listen to live music, and enjoy the views of the Desna River.
Besides, it is an inexpensive city with many thematic cafes and restaurants where you can find tasty and cheap food.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- transport service
- professional guide service
- entry tickets
- Entry/Admission - Hetman Mazepa Monument
- Entry/Admission - Saviour-Transfiguration Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Chernihiv Red Square
- Entry/Admission - Saint Anthony Caves
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hetman Mazepa Monument, Preobrazhenska Street, Dytynets, Chernihiv Ukraine
EXPLORE THE CITY
Every excursion to Chernihiv includes a visit to Detinets, where ancient historical monuments of different eras are concentrated in a small area: Ancient Val (rampart) with cannons, Mazepa House, Transfiguration and Borisoglebsky Cathedrals, and the Collegium.
You can see the panorama of the city from the bell tower of the Trinity Monastery, which is 58 meters high. It’s the highest point of the city with the 360° overview.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Saviour-Transfiguration Cathedral, Preobrazhenska vul. 1A, Chernihiv 14000 Ukraine
The Transfiguration Cathedral in Chernihiv is the oldest building in Chernihiv, Ukraine, and one of the few survived buildings of pre-Mongol Rus. In 1989, together with the Historical center of Chernihiv, the cathedral has been on the World Heritage tentative list.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chernihiv Red Square, Chervona Ploshcha, Chernihiv Ukraine
TASTE CRAFT BEER AND DELICIOUS SNACKS
Chernihiv can compete with Lviv by the number of thematic cafes and restaurants. In the city center, you can easily find a place to relax for every taste and budget. You can please your foodie in the craft breweries with a surprisingly large selection of beers and taste the toothsome grilled ribs and vegetables that are offered as a snack. Or maybe you like pork ears and various liqueurs which are the gastronomic sights of Chernihiv? Then hrenovuha, mead, kalganivka, and berry liqueurs are waiting for you! Besides delicious meals, you’ll get guaranteed pleasant service, original serving and a homely atmosphere.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Saint Anthony Caves, Boldin Hills, Chernihiv Ukraine
VISIT MYSTERIOUS CAVES AND ANCIENT MOUNDS
While walking along Boldina Mountain, you can see well-preserved pagan mounds called Gulbishche and Bezymianny and visit Saint Anthony Caves, which are the monument of religious architecture. Their history is connected with the founder of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. The 4-level premises of the underground complex are located one under another.
According to the legends, you can reach Kyiv through the underground passages of the Saint Anthony Caves, and the ghost of a mysterious monk wanders in their dark corridors…
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
any place on request
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.